Requests for repeat prescriptions can be ordered in several different ways. The options are:
- Telephone: we have a dedicated prescription line (01623 551332) that is open Monday 15.30-18.00 and Tuesday to Friday 08.00-10.30
- Post: if you would like the prescription post back to you, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope
- Fax: 01623 443339
- Online ordering: please ensure you are registered for online services. Please contact a receptionist for more information
- In person: drop your request in to the prescription box at the surgery
- Chemist: please give your pharmacist one week's notice to order your medication. Please speak to your pharmacist directly to arrange collection/delivery of your medication.
With all prescription requests, you must clearly state your name and date of birth, the medicine required and the dosage. This helps to avoid errors being made and to prevent any unwanted medications being ordered.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
We are live with electronic prescribing, this means that instead of coming to the practice to collect your prescription, you can have it directly sent to the pharmacy of your choice if you are eligible. For more details please ask reception or enquire at your chosen pharmacy.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays in to account. If there are exceptional circumstances, please let us know and we will endeavour to help.